Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Podcast: He's Come

Podcast feed: Subscribe This is a transcript of one of our recent podcasts. To subscribe to the podcast using iTunes, please click here. To listen to the podcast without iTunes, please follow this link.

1

In darkness trapped, in cold confined,
I had heard tell of fire’s glow.
Yet in this deadness that was mine,
It ’twas a mercy I could not know.

I could not tell it clearly then,
but that, my cell, by me was built.
With every single hateful sin
the last of life did I there melt.

In every thought of lust and pride,
with every action, wrath I stored.
Yet darkness here this call can’t hide:
“He’s come, He’s come: the Christ, our Lord.”

2

So long had I attempted good,
and tried to earn a better place,
to stand upright, do as I should,
But ’pon the Law, I am disgraced.

In every lie I do offend
the righteous glory of our God.
So tell me how I am to rend
unto the throne but filth and sod?

No, this I tell in truth, at last,
that evil ’lone our hearts can bring.
But still a mercy such is cast –
“He’s come, He’s come: the Christ, our King.”

3

So small a thing my life has been,
yet I was so consumed by this,
until His glory I had seen,
and knew that I, in all, was His.

Upon the Cross He died for me,
banishing this dark and cold.
By wounded hand He set me free,
and breathed His life into this soul.

Upon Himself He took the shame,
so by His Blood, He’s conquered Hell.
And by His Grace, I can proclaim,
“He’s come, He’s come, Emmanuel!”

No comments: