Saturday, October 10, 2009

Podcast: Word

Podcast feed: Subscribe This is a transcript of one of our recent podcasts. To subscribe to the podcast using iTunes, please click here. To listen to the podcast without iTunes, please follow this link.

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep your righteous rules. I am severely afflicted; give me life, O LORD, according to your word!
-Psalm 119:103-107


The most recent episode of the podcast was mostly improvised, so we’re not able to publish the transcript for you. However, the outline used is available below. Please download the podcast itself to hear the full content.

The issue at hand was why I love the Bible. The reasons are outlined here:

1. It tells us about God.

“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.”
-Hebrews 1:1-2

2. It tells us what God expects of us.

“but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.”
-Romans 2:8

3. It shows me how short I have fallen.

“What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, ‘You shall not covet.’”
-Romans 7:7

4. It teaches me of Jesus.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.”
-John 1:1-2

5. It teaches me how to be saved.

“Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”
-John 14:6

No comments: